Connection Problems on iPhone
If you can't connect to Map Your City, this is usually caused by a problem with your Internet connection or your phone's settings. It might not be necessary to delete and reinstall Map Your City.
Most connection issues can be resolved by doing the following:
- Restart your phone, by turning it off and back on.
- Update Map Your City to the latest version available from the Apple App Store.
- Open iPhone Settings and turn Airplane Mode on and off.
- Open iPhone Settings > tap Cellular and turn Cellular Data on.
- Open iPhone Settings > tap Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on.
- Try connecting to different Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Make sure Wi-Fi stays on during sleep mode.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router.
- Contact your mobile provider and make sure your APN settings are configured correctly.
- Open iPhone Settings > tap General > Reset> Reset Network Settings > Reset Network Settings. (This will delete all your saved Wi-Fi passwords).
- Upgrade or restore your iPhone's operating system to the latest version for your phone.
- If you're using an unlocked iPhone or a pre-paid SIM card, you might need to adjust your phone's APN settings for your SIM card. Contact your mobile carrier for details and instructions.
- If you're having trouble connecting to Map Your City while on a Wi-Fi network that you don't normally connect to, contact the network administrator.
- Make sure your connection isn't on a managed Wi-Fi network, such as at your office or university campus. Your network might be configured to block or limit connections.
- Map Your City isn't designed to be used with proxy or VPN services, so we can't provide support for those configurations.
- Turn off roaming.