How the 15-day Trial works
Welcome aboard! When you create your first community on Map Your City, you are placed on the Essentials Plan for a 15-day no obligation trial. There are many awesome features to take advantage of during the trial, and it also gives you a great chance to poke around and get a feel for the product.
During this time, you have access to all of Map Your City's features, including the Using the Form Builder to customize the Map Your City app and Create your Web map, Inviting community members, Adding Locations. You can do everything you can also do on an Essentials Plan. There's just 1 limitation: Your Organization will only be publicly visible in the mobile app for Map Your City users (not your members) to discover once you are ready and decide to subscribe. There are absolutely no other limitations during the trial, and you can invite as many as 10 members and together you can add as many locations accounts as you'd like.
In this article
First things first: let's get you signed up!
Within the Map Your City trial, all of our features are included for you to get the most of the trial as possible. We're positive they will help make your location marketing life easier! Check some of them out:
- Create your Organization in the Map Your City app
- Inviting community members to your Organization from the Web Dashboard.
- Add a "Request to Join" button to your Organization in the mobile app - make joining your community for other businesses as simple as possible.
- Add role permissions to distinguish between Team Members and Community Members
- Using the Form Builder to create your Web map and customize the Map Your City app.
- Create Unlimited Custom Fields to your Organization Profile Form in order to add your stories, website, ticketing and booking platforms, anything really, to Locations
- Mapping & promoting unlimited Locations together with your community
- Adding Custom Information to new and existing Locations together with your community
- Embedding Locations on your Blogs
- Sharing Locations on all social media
- Embedding your Web map on your Website or Landing Page
- Keeping track of your performance with reports
What happens after my trial?
At the end of the trial, if you decide to stick around (and we'd love to have you!), you will be prompted to either upgrade to the Essentials plan or Enterprise plan. The Account Owner (the individual who set up the account) can make the choice from the Update Plan page. We keep it simple with only 2 plans and offer lots of flexibility using Plan Add-Ons. You can find all the details about each of them in the Price and Plans guide.
All of your Organization settings will stay put! If you added locations during the trial, any content you created before the trial will not be touched.
Do I have to wait 15 days before upgrading/downgrading?
Not at all! If you've fallen in love with Map Your City, you can upgrade or downgrade at any time under the Update Plan page. If you don't have access to that page, you will need to reach out to the Account Owner, who is the only one with access to the billing portion of the account.
Will I be charged at the end of the trial?
You won't be charged unless you upgrade to either of the paid plans, and provide a credit card number upon subscribing.
How much will Map Your City be after I've upgraded/downgraded?
With the Essentials Base plan, you will be able to invite 10 members and add 100 locations at $25/month - and get access to all of the Features. If you need a little more, simply decide for the Plan Add-Ons. Try moving the sliders so it will give you an idea of the monthly additional costs of your choice.